Wednesday 25th March – Year 2/3
We hope you are enjoying the home learning activities which we have been posting and are keeping safe at home!
Here is our schedule for tomorrow – please leave a comment or email your teacher about how you are getting on – we’d love to hear from you!
We’ll be starting with Joe Wicks at 9.00 for 30 mins (please use the link – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ)
9.30 – 10.30 – Literacy
10.30 – 11.00 – Break
11.00 – 12.00 – Maths – Mathsbot and TT Rocks
Have a go at solving some different calculations using the www.mathsbot.com website. For further instructions on how to use Mathsbot, please see below:
Maths activities using maths bot
12.00 – 1.00 – Lunch
1.00 – 1.30 – Reading
1.30 – 2.30 – Wider Curriculum – Science
2.30 – 3.00 – Story time
Have a brilliant day and most importantly have fun and stay safe!
Miss Shah, Mrs Hackney, Mr Bettles and Miss Bailey 🙂
8 thoughts on “Wednesday 25th March – Year 2/3”
Thank you for doing this each day. Benjy LOVED making and testing the parachute and it was fun to improvise with materials. We used garden wire because we don’t have any string! 🙂
That’s brilliant to hear. What was the most successful material for his parachute?
We just made parachutes and launched them out of the bedroom window. We made one from a tissue (it broke when it hit the ground and didn’t open at all). One was made of a plastic bag (that opened well and landed softly). The last one was made of old material (it had a hard landing and only opened a little bit). The plastic bag was the best parachute.
Glad you’ve had a go at making and launching parachutes today. Hope you had fun too!
Miss Shah 🙂
How to become a footballer
1. Start by gently kicking the ball to a friend or family member and keep on going till you have got it.
2.Try your best to kick the ball as hard as you can into the goal if you score you can celebrate or keep on practising then when you have cracked it move on to step 3.
3. If you have cones place them down around the ground you are playing ( I recommend 6 cones straight forwards) Then dribble any size of a football, left and right through the cones and shoot at goal.
4. Enjoy playing football and keep on improving (maybe you can play professional ??).
Great instructions on how to become a footballer Lucas – you never know, one day you might become a professional! Hope you’ve enjoyed the sunshine today and played lots of football.
Miss Shah 🙂
How to become a good tennis player?
1. Start hitting the ball until you’ve found a style that’s comfortable.
2. Practise rallies to test you reaction speed.
3. when you have started to get the right pace start challenging people find your level.
4. once you’ve succeed in finding your level try and push yourself to become the best maybe even professional.
Hello Mrs Hackney
How to make a sandwich :-
Ingredients – 2 slices of bread, butter, cheese, cucumber, tomatoes, lettuce.
Things needed – chopping board, butter knife
1) First of all, you take chopping board and butter knife
2) Secondly take the bread and spread the butter evenly
3) Next, lay the lettuce, tomato, cucumber
4) Accurately put some cheese
5) Then slowly put the other bread on the top
6) Carefully cut the sandwich in 4 quarters
Sandwich is ready to eat. Enjoy
Myra made parachute with old plastic bag and unused threads from the house. I will send you the picture in the email.