UPDATE: The teachers all agreed that yesterday’s White Rose question 3 was quite tricky! The White Rose website does have a full set of answers. I have saved their solution at the bottom of the page.
Hello everyone and hope you all slept well and are raring to go this morning. This is the view out of my window just now; I’m finding that the bright sunlight and blue skies really helps my mood. Sunlight gives us much needed Vitamin D which we all need after a long winter. Have you noticed how bright the leaves look against the sky? They are almost fluorescent. (Extra challenge – can you find a definition for fluorescent?)
As usual we start with Joe Wicks at 9am. I am beginning to feel a little fitter – how about any of you?
We then have a literacy and a maths task for you to complete.
Our wider curriculum task today is geography based and I hope that you will all create your own maps. If you email them to me (email@example.com) then I will post them on the blog and even put the best ones on Twitter!
I’d also like you to think about your wellbeing (using the newspaper article) and what 5 things you can do during lockdown to improve your happiness. Sycamore Class (and anyone else!) you might like to do our Rainbow Breath or Melting exercises.
All the best for a fun day’s learning.
Weblinks for the day:
- Literacy link – Click to open the PDF and then you can read the whole edition – https://theweekjunior.co.uk/see-inside
- Thank you for the music – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dcbw4IEY5w
- Maths WR Problem of the Day 10 – https://whiterosemaths.com/resources/classroom-resources/problems/
- Nrich Investigation – https://nrich.maths.org/8125.
- Geography – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zvsfr82/articles/zdk46v4
- OS Maps: https://www.bing.com/maps