Hello Year 3,
Miss Bailey here.
Mr Bettles and I will be taking it in turns to post at least one video each week. We will usually be reading a story or poem to you. This week I’ve decided to read a recipe to you and set you an optional baking challenge!
Below is the recipe that I share in the video.
If you would like to send me pictures of your own baking successes, please email them to email@example.com. I will share my favourites (and send certificates to these bakers) next week.
Don’t forget to ask an adult to help you (when they aren’t busy!) – please don’t try this alone.
Biscuits Crispy Squares
Tin Size: 30cm x 20cm x 4cm
6 x 65g Mars Bars
200g Rice Crispies
250g milk chocolate
1. Cut the butter and mars bars into small chunks and place in a saucepan.
2. Put over a low heat and stir with a balloon whisk until melted.
3. Add the mars bar/butter mixture to the Rice Crispies in a large bowl. Stir well until all the ingredients are combined.
4. Put into a lined tin and press down with the palm of your hand until firm.
5. Melt the chocolate either in a microwave on low for one to two minutes, or over a saucepan of simmering water.
6. Pour over the rice crispy mixture, spread evenly with a palate knife and leave to set.
7. When set, turn out on a board and cut into squares.