I hope you are all well and keeping busy.
I thought I’d do something a little bit different this time – a baking video for you! It is completely optional, a little treat really.
I’ve made some chocolate chip shortbread cookies, so feel free to bake with me if you want to – please make sure you have an adult’s permission and help.
150 plain flour
50g caster sugar
½ tsp of vanilla extract
1 tbsp Biscoff spread (optional)
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof/baking paper. In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until soft and creamy
- Add the flour, vanilla extract, chocolate chips and Biscoff spread and stir until the mixture forms a firm dough
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently until smooth. Roll out to a thickness of at least 1cm
- Using your preferred shaped cutter, stamp out as many shapes as possible
- Arrange on the baking tray, spaced slightly apart and chill for 30 minutes
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until lightly golden. Cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
If you do decide to bake them, please send me a photo of how yours turned out using my email address: email@example.com
Remember if they don’t look the best, they will still taste delicious and more importantly, you’ve had a go!
Enjoy, stay safe and see you soon,
Miss Shah 🙂