Year 4 Home Learning – WB 8th June
Hi Year 4!
We hope that you all enjoyed your first week back to home learning after half term!
We are going to continue to post 5 maths lessons, 5 English lessons and 3 other lessons from the curriculum. Feel free to do all of these but if not, 3 maths and 3 English is the expectation from school. Practising them regularly will support you in lots of areas of maths!
This week, we are also attaching the Maths Instant Recall Facts for the Summer Term. On these documents, along with the facts for you to learn, are key vocabulary and top tips to help you remember them. As always, we’d love to hear more from you on the blog or by email. Remember when you comment on the blog, you can just make up an email address to be able to post a comment.
e.g firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
You don’t have to contact us every day but we would like to hear from you once a week to hear how you are getting on. Our emails are:
Miss.Clancy@wfps.org.uk and Miss.Chambers@wfps.org.uk
We would love to hear what you’ve been up to, what you enjoyed most (so we know to do more of this!) and what you found tricky (so we can help you improve!).
English links – Character Description
- Lesson 1 – https://www.thenational.academy/year-4/english/character-description-reading-comprehenison-fact-retrieval-year-4-wk6-1
- Lesson 2 – https://www.thenational.academy/year-4/english/character-description-reading-comprehenison-inference-year-4-wk6-2
- Lesson 3 – https://www.thenational.academy/year-4/english/character-description-identifying-the-features-of-a-text-year-4-wk6-3
- Lesson 4 – https://www.thenational.academy/year-4/english/character-description-spag-focus-subordinate-clauses-year-4-wk6-4
- Lesson 5 – https://www.thenational.academy/year-4/english/character-description-write-a-character-description-year-4-wk6-5
Maths Links – Week 6
- Videos – https://resources.whiterosemaths.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Year-4-Week-6.pdf
- Lesson 1- Add 2 or more fractions https://resources.whiterosemaths.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Lesson-1-Add-2-or-more-fractions-2019.pdf
- Lesson 2 – Subtract 2 fractions https://resources.whiterosemaths.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Lesson-2-Subtract-2-fractions-2019.pdf
- Lesson 3 – Fractions of quantities https://resources.whiterosemaths.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Lesson-3-Fractions-of-a-quantity-2019.pdf
- Lesson 4 – Calculate quantities https://resources.whiterosemaths.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Lesson-4-Calculate-quantities-2019.pdf
Maths Instant Recall Facts
Summer 1 – Times Tables Facts Summer 2 – Fractions, decimals and percentages equivalence
Geography – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zbwckmn
PSHE – https://www.thenational.academy/year-4/pshe/your-country-needs-you-year-4-wk6-1#slide-1https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/best-way-to-wash-your-hands/
Science – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zr4kd6f
Spider safari – https://bam.files.bbci.co.uk/bam/live/content/zkm6hbk/pdf#sa-link_location=blocks&intlink_from_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fbitesize%2Farticles%2Fzr4kd6f&intlink_ts=1591105549379-sa
Sport – https://www.northamptonshiresport.org/virtual-school-games-2020