Hello Maple and Redwood Class,
Here are your learning activities for the week.
Following the same structure as before half term, there will be 5 lessons available for Maths and English. There will be 3 wider curriculum activities, as well as a spelling/phonics activity.
If you would like to get in touch with either of us, please leave a comment or email us:
Keep an eye on the blog for this week’s videos too.
Take care everyone,
Miss Bailey and Mr Bettles
Message for Maple Class:
Youtube Link – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__9SRuAtYF4
Message for Redwood Class:
We will continue to use the English lessons on Oak Academy due to the positive feedback received.
We therefore are recommending that you follow the lessons below. They must be completed in order.
1. Clink the link to the lesson
2. Click start lesson.
3. There is a quiz. If you don’t want to complete this, click ‘next activity’.
4. Read the instructions about watching the video. You may have to pause it to complete your activities. Listen carefully because the teacher gives very clear instructions. You can always click ‘resume video’ if you want to listen again.
Lesson 1 – Letter – Reading Comprehension – Summary
Lesson 2 – Letter – Reading Comprehension – Word Meaning
Lesson 3 – Letter – Identifying key features of a text
Lesson 4 – Letter – SPaG focus – Subordinate Clauses
Lesson 5 – To write a letter
Please continue following the Maths White Rose. Links can be found below.
- Lesson 1 – Equivalent Fractions
- Lesson 2 – Equivalent Fractions
- Lesson 3 – Equivalent Fractions
- lesson 4 – Comparing Fractions
- lesson 5 – Handling Data In Football
Wider Curriculum 1 – Science
- With the recent Space X travelling into space and making its way safely to the international Space Station.
- Lets look into more detail on how to live in Space.
Task – Can you design your own Space Rocket or Space Suit?
Bonus Task – Label your design with materials you would use.
Wider Curriculum 2 – History
How the Romans conquered Britain?
- Recap of prior learning
Task – If you were the leader of a Tribe, what qualities must you have?
I know I’d have to be brave and honest. Can you think of any more and explain where you would need to use these?
EXT – Enjoy singing our lovely singing square song.
Wider Curriculum 3 – Spanish
Learn to talk about family in Spanish
This lesson includes:
- three videos
- four activities
If you have completed all the tasks and want to carry on learning you can use any of the below:
Guardians: Defenders of Mathematica: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zd2f7nb/articles/zn2y7nb
Spellings – use your year 3/4 spellings and pick 10 words to practise.
Choose something to read at home – anything with words!
Visit the Whole School page on the blog for stories read by teachers and teaching assistants.
Mrs Rew’s Library Padlet: https://padlet.com/janerew/dxb1ozqccuj5kcb9 (Password: Take5)