Hello Maple and Redwood Class,
Here are your home learning activities for the week.
Following the same structure as before half term, there will be 5 lessons available for Maths and English. There will be 3 wider curriculum activities too.
If you would like to get in touch with either of us, please leave a comment or email us:
Keep an eye on the blog for this week’s videos too.
Take care everyone,
Miss Bailey and Mr Bettles
An Introduction to this week’s Home Learning:
We are continuing to follow the Oak Academy English lessons. Alternatively, if you prefer, you can complete the BBC English lessons. We are happy as long as you are having a go at some English throughout the week. 🙂
Whichever lessons you go for, please try to complete them in order.
- Clink the link to the lesson
- Click start lesson.
- There is a quiz. If you don’t want to complete this, click ‘next activity’.
- Read the instructions about watching the video. You may have to pause it to complete your activities. Listen carefully because the teacher gives very clear instructions. You can always click ‘resume video’ if you want to listen again.
- Lesson 1 – Non-Chron. Report – Reading Comprehension – Fact Retrieval
- Lesson 2 – Non-Chron. – Reading Comprehension – Language
- Lesson 3 – Non-Chron. – Identifying key features of a text
- Lesson 4 – Non-Chron. – SPaG focus – Adverbials
- Lesson 5 – To write a non-chronological report
If you are finding BBC more manageable, follow the lessons from Monday 22nd June here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/tags/zmyxxyc/year-3-and-p4-lessons
Please make sure you watch the video for the lesson first.
- Lesson 1 – Order fractions –
- Add fractions
- Subtract fractions
- Solving problems with fractions
- Lesson 5 – Measuring perimeter
Worksheet – Measure perimeter 2019
Wider Curriculum 1 – Science
- This week we are exploring renewable and non-renewable energy.
- There is a lot of new vocabulary in this science lesson, so watch the clips to find out more…
We would love to see your finished posters.
Wider Curriculum 2 – Geography
- Learn how mountains are formed and explore the highest mountains in the UK and mountain ranges of the world including The Rockies and The Alps.
Wider Curriculum 3 – Art
- Drawing skills
If you have been following the Oak Academy lessons for English, you will have created a hybrid animal for your non-chronological report.
Can you sketch this animal?
Here is some inspiration….
Bonus Wider Curriculum – Computing
Develop your touch-typing skills!
Practise your typing skills using the game below – which level can you reach?
If you have completed all the tasks and want to carry on learning you can use any of the below:
Guardians: Defenders of Mathematica: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zd2f7nb/articles/zn2y7nb
Spellings – use your year 3/4 spellings and pick 10 words to practise.
Choose something to read at home – anything with words!
Visit the Whole School page on the blog for stories read by teachers and teaching assistants.
Mrs Rew’s Library Padlet: https://padlet.com/janerew/dxb1ozqccuj5kcb9 (Password: Take5)